Thursday, October 21, 2010

The case of the missing ear ring:

If I had lost my ear ring, I would have hope that I would definitely find it. I would then keep this one safely until I found the other one. It would be a happy reunion! I love to wear and display my ear rings. I never loved anything was real gold, silver, or diamonds. But the ear rings that I buy like crazy on street corners are my most cherished possessions. I bought this lovely pair from my favorite store, Sam Moon. They are a beautiful gold with a lone pearl sitting in it. It looks like a piece of modern art. I wear it on dresses that I feel complements the ear rings. Then one fateful evening, as I was removing the earring, it fell right inside the gaping wash basin. I know it's still right there, in the middle of the pipe, but I can't retrieve it. I ran to my husband with pleading eyes, but alas, he couldn't care less about the lost ear ring.

I now have only one of those, looking very beautiful and yet so lonely. It is a shame to waste my lone ear ring. Sam Moon has increased the prices of all its wares, so like before, I do not barge into the store to buy my wares. I wait only for that special occasion  where I feel that I should truly reward myself. The with $50 in my hands, I proudly head into the store. Heading into the store is a whole big story in itself which deserves it's own post.

For now, I feel sorry for the lone ear ring. I will look through my videos and pictures to see if I have at least saved it's image on my face. There is pain, but not from my deep guts because it's just a fake. Imagine if I had dropped a real diamond in there! What a horror story that would have turned into. That is one main reason I stay far away from the real deal, but as a woman, I cannot help but appreciate and want jewelry. I don't like all types of jewelry, but the ear rings, they define my face and make me look really fine.

So that is the story of the lost ear ring.

RR.

No comments:

Post a Comment